You are searching about How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth, today we will share with you article about How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth is useful to you.
Dental Tips for Children’s Oral Health
While oral sickness is easy to prevent, there are still lots of children that get tooth decay. Such kids often experience pain, find it hard to sleep, and at times, undergo major dental treatments – like tooth extraction with general anesthesia.
When a child gets cavities at a much younger age, it can be assumed that he/she will also develop cavities when his permanent teeth develop. For this reason, it is crucial for kids to have good oral hygiene habits when they are still very young.
Eat the Right Foods
Children should eat a variety of nutritious foods, especially in childhood when they are still going through the developing years. This is the time when their eating behavior is established. It is critical to encourage kids to have healthy eating habits that can lead to good oral health and welfare.
Provide children with different nutritious foods such as fruits, vegetables, natural yogurt and meat.
- Refrain from giving them snacks in between meals, since it is the most vulnerable age, when they could acquire cavities.
- Encourage them to drink lots of water (from at minimum of 1 liter/day to a maximum of 2 liters/day), particularly if you stay within an area with fluoride, to protect teeth from cavities.
- Try your best to reduce your child’s intake of sugary drinks like sodas, energy drinks, fruit juices and syrups, since these sweet drinks can cause tooth decay.
- Reduce their consumption of sweet drinks, particular in between meals.
Brush your teeth properly.
Brushing teeth using a proper technique is a must for the maintenance of healthy teeth and gums. Observing good oral hygiene at a much early age reduces the risk of acquiring gum disease at a later age. Teach them to brush their teeth at least twice daily – in the morning and in the evening, as well as after eating meals.
- It is recommended for infants to use a soft toothbrush, and for children 18 months to 6 years to use toothpaste (in a pea-sized amount) with less fluoride.
- Supervise your child (up to 7 years old) whenever he/she brushes his/her teeth.
- Instead of rinsing the toothpaste, encourage your child to spit it out.
Observe Safety while Playing
Whenever your child plays contact sports like cricket, football or hockey, when their mouth is more prone to injury, he should use a mouth guard during games and workout. A mouth guard is often worn when playing sports, while other activities also require a face guard or helmet.
Practice Healthy Habits at an Early Age
It would benefit children to develop healthy habits early in life. Habits such as brushing teeth regularly, eating a nutritious diet and visiting a dentist regularly allow them to maintain good oral health. The moment the first tooth of your child appears until 1 year old, he/she should have oral health checked. Based on a child’s oral health, the dentist/pediatrician will recommend when to visit the dental clinic.
- Whenever there is any dental problem, go immediately to the dentist to have it checked.
- Make dental visits a part of your child’s normal routine.
- Make a dental appointment early in the day, when your child is not yet tired.
Video about How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth
You can see more content about How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth
If you have any questions about How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth
How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth
way How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth
tutorial How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth
How To Get My 1 Year Old To Brush Teeth free
#Dental #Tips #Childrens #Oral #Health